A special international online course will focus on methodology of papyrology
The course aims at giving a solid scientific method to work with papyrological texts. In particular, it focuses on the decipherment and interpretation of unpublished papyri from various collections, also with the help of modern digital tools.
After completing the course, a student will:
- be able to describe, date and decipher documentary papyri;
- know the main bibliographical and digital tools for papyrological research;
- be able to carry out a small research autonomously and originally;
- be able to choose between supplement options;
- be able to communicate her/his opinion and stay open to the others' points of view;
- be able to decipher cursive handwritings and supplement a fragmentary text in Ancient Greek.